RECOMMENDED FOR: ADVANCED RIDERS
09:00 We begin our ride at “Hacienda del Chalán” and cross the Vilcanota river over a traditional suspended bridge. The next part of the path runs along the side of the river and crosses through areas of native forest, the village of Yanahuara, and up to the Nature Reserve of Manthanay, the “Qeuña” forest area, which is located in the middle of high mountains.
After arriving at an Andean house, we dismount and start walking up to the lake. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the shore of one of the best Andean lakes that lies not far from the snow covered mountains.
12:30 Lunch at the shore of the lake.
13:30 Visit of the area surrounding the lake and walk back to the area where our horses are waiting for us.
14:00 Return to the valley.
17:00 Arrival at Hacienda del Chalán.
PRICE: US$ 160 PER PERSON
If this is your first time going to the Andes or high mountains we recommend getting information about ALTITUDE SICKNESS, see below for some websites recommended by high mountain doctors and scientists from over the world.
DATE: Monday – Saturday (all year)
Students / Volunteers: $5 USD discount only with valid student card / certification
Organized Groups: We offer private tours and departure at any time
Group size: 1 – 6 participants
- Professional English speaker tour guide / experienced rider.
- Well-groomed Peruvian Paso Horse.
- Private transfer to the ranch/round trip. (We can organize this for an additional fee)
- Tips for guide and camp staff.
WHAT WE ADVISE TO BRING/CARRY
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April).
- Sweater and jacket (something warm if necessary).
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries.
We’re sorry, but our horses are not for rent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This site is operated by HACIENDA DEL CHALÁN, a legally registered company with the Peruvian government, which operates from the office at our ranch located in Paucarbamba – Cusco in Peru.
For more information about terms and conditions CLICK HERE.
BOOK HERE: We highly recommend to book your trip prior to your arrival in Peru.